These terms and conditions apply to our prize draw to win your registrar fee for your ceremony (where held in the East Sussex Registration district), closing date 14 December 2018.
Prize draw terms and conditions
Ceremonies in East Sussex – operated by East Sussex County Council
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people aged 18 and over who sign up to our Ceremonies Newsletter by providing their email address.
- Employees or agencies of East Sussex County Council ("ESCC", "We") or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- By submitting your personal information you agree to receive email newsletters from East Sussex County Council's Ceremonies in East Sussex team, containing offers, services and developments that we think may interest you. You will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe on every email that we send.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must complete the sign up form, either on our stand at one of our events between now and 14 December 2018 (Wedfest at Horstedpond Farm on Saturday 15 September 2018 or Hastings Town Hall Open Day on Sunday 4 November 2018), or on our www.ceremoniesineastsussex.co.uk website, and submit your name and email address. Alternatively, you may email us at email@example.com and ask us to sign you up manually. No purchase is necessary. If you have any questions about how to enter or in connection with the Prize Draw, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org with "Ceremonies in East Sussex Newsletter Prize Draw" in the subject line.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted. Entries from each member of a couple are acceptable.
- ESCC accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by ESCC.
- The starting date for this Prize Draw is Saturday 15 September 2018 at Wedfest.
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 23:59 on 14 December 2018. Entries received outside of this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will take place on 18 December 2018.
- The winner will be entitled to receive the services of Registrars supplied by East Sussex Registration (part of ESCC) for the delivery of one ceremony free of charge. Any additional services contracted with ESCC for your celebration that are not directly related to the provision of Registrars services will not be included in this prize (this includes but is not limited to extras to enhance your ceremony such as a commemorative certificate or certificate holder, other enhancements, reception room hire and catering).
- No booking is necessary in order to enter the competition.
- The ceremony must take place within 3 years of the draw date (by 18 December 2021) and if not already booked prior to entry will be subject to availability.
- ESCC accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize (including, without limitation, travel to and from the venue of choice and catering).
- If you choose to hold your ceremony at a venue that is not an ESCC Register Office, any hire of the venue and associated services (such as but not limited to catering and refreshments) must be arranged by you directly with the venue, and the costs of the same will be incurred by you. No such costs are included in this prize.
- The winner will be notified by email on or before 21 December 2018 and must either contact us (the contact phone number will be confirmed in the email announcing you as the winner), or provide a contact number for us to phone you to confirm your prize. If a winner does not respond to ESCC within 14 days of being notified by ESCC, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and ESCC shall be entitled to select another winner at random from the remaining entrants (and that winner will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's prize will be forfeited and ESCC shall be entitled to select another winner.
- A ceremony must be booked with ESCC’s East Sussex Registration in order to claim this prize. Only ceremonies taking place within the East Sussex Registration District (GRO district number 462) will qualify to apply this prize.
- The name of the winner(s) will be available after 1 January 2019 by writing to Superintendent Registrar, Hastings Register Officer, Hastings Town Hall, Queens Road, Hastings, TN34 1QR enclosing a stamped addressed envelope.
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes. Once the prize has been accepted, if the prize is not claimed by 18 December 2021, all rights to the prize will be forfeited by the winner.
- ESCC retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner shall participate in such activity on ESCC's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by ESCC and its associated services, both before and after the ceremony has taken place, and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner(s)’s image(s), photograph(s) and first name(s) for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, on social media, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by ESCC and its related services such as www.ceremoniesineastsussex.gov.uk ) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
- ESCC shall use and take care of any personal information you supply to it as described in its privacy notice, a copy of which can be seen here, and in accordance with DPA/GDPR legislation. By entering the Prize Draw, you agree to the collection, retention, usage and distribution of your personal information in order to process and contact you about your Prize Draw entry, and for the purposes outlined in paragraph 21 above. ESCC will never share your full name and/or contact details with any third party.
- ESCC accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. ESCC further disclaims liability for any injury or damage to your or any other person's computer relating to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Prize Draw.
- ESCC reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of ESCC in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- ESCC shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: East Sussex County Council, County Hall, St Anne’s Crescent, Lewes, East Sussex, BN7 1UE.